Sunday, January 09, 2005

A Social Dot

Mine's not a social circle..but a dot. A tight, niche, little dot. Once surrounded by friends, my social circle has since dwindled into a non- existing mode. Funny thing is, you don't realise it unti your boyfriend leaves town for a month and gosh! you feel stranded..especially when weekends come around.

I don't need alot of friends..just a couple of solid, sturdy ones. And I'm fortunate to know people like that. My friend Liz is sentimental without her knowing it. How many friends do you buy cakes for your mum and rally around you, more anxious than you are, in times of need. If you know someone like that, keep them close to your heart. Cos they are far and few in between.

And then I've my primary and secondary schools friends. They say the people you meet in secondary school are your friends for life. It's true..and false. I've met nice-and-not-so-nice people in my seconday school. Some memorable but most are forgettable. Again, I'm fortunate that I can count a handful of great people amongst them. Sometimes that's all you need.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home