Thursday, January 13, 2005

There's Got To Be A Way

The interview yesterday at Freshfields Drew & Napier was a refreshing experience. Lasting no more than 20 minutes, the British lady, Liz and Christine made me feel easy with their free flow of chat and polite comments. Liz, in particular, was striking with her blond crop and tall frame. Both women, in their thirties, i reckoned, were well groomed and had great poise. Just watching them, i forgot i was suppose to impress them. i actually felt very comfortable... and they were more interested in me than i was with the job scope. Excellent.

Almost 3 hours later, i was at Millward Brown, seated on a cushy sofa with Tiffany and what-was-her-name-again. So we went thru the casual yahda yahda...both ladies were a few years my senior, also in their twenties so naturally, we related well. Again, it was extremely comfortable and i just went with the flow. Monday, i'll know.

Ironically, despite the adrenline and positive vibes from both companies, it made me realised just how badly i wanted the reporter job at Today Newspaper. It just dawned on me squarely that no way was i going to stay long in a desk bound job. i am simply too restless...a desk bound job will surely rob me of my youthful enthusiasm and before long, i would surely turn into one of those jaded-but-got-no-choice-than-to-stay-on executive. You know those with a so-so comfortable salary, in a so-so company...No way! i can definitely see how easy it would be to get suck into a career trap like that and honestly, it scares the hell outta me.. i just cannot imagine splurging all these years in this kindda fashion. There's gotta be some way. Do you share my views? Do you have a way?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home