Friday, April 08, 2005

::perfection::

Watching Spanglish sparked something off..

Why are so many people so obssessed with perfection? Why is the developed society so bent on having the perfect face or the perfect body (even the perfect smile) all the time? This is so insane and such a waste of time and sometimes, money..seeing how perfection always escape us. There is beauty in flaws too! It'll will be too boring if we all look so darn perfect.

Are you a perfectionist? I'm a perfectionist when it comes to certain things..especially if they are work-related. In school, i used to check through my projects over and over again. everytime i run through it, i make changes, some of them possibly for the worse. It is so tiring to try to be perfect. Now, i'm better at curbing my own expectations. Expecting perfection all the time is unrealistic. The key is to do your best, as cliche and old-fashioned as it sounds.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I was never much of a perfectionist. I see no point in it. Had I been I would have done better in school. Had I cared more actually. I mean I did really well. I was a top honor student. But I did not try. So I can only imagine what I would have done had I tried a little harder.

Saturday, April 09, 2005 6:21:00 AM  
Blogger compassioNAT said...

Aru- agreed.

Sunday, April 10, 2005 3:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home