Thursday, June 02, 2005

and.then.there.was.silence

It's 7pm here. I'm sitting in my office, alone. My colleagues have gone home. All except for one. He is working downstairs. This is a 2-storey office.

My work is done. So I'm just sitting around blogging for a while. I stand up to switch off the aircon. And I return to my PC. And then I realised, there was silence. For once. In my mind and the buzzing office. I feel strange. Strangely peaceful. Sorry this is so anti-climax. This is the kind of rare opportunity that comes by. And so, I want to blog about it. Even though, essentially this entry is about nothing. Yes, Nothing.

Have you ever realised just how noisy our world is? Until you shut down all that noise from the humming aircon, the irritating phone, people talking. There is solitude in quiet.

You must have heard of this before. The night sky is always starry. But you can't see the stars till all the lights are out.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Evans said...

I have those moments sometimes. Then there are times when I need it in my head.

Oh and in respond to your previous q, yup my birthday went well. Thanks for asking.

Thursday, June 02, 2005 10:18:00 PM  
Blogger Enchanted Mind said...

Ah!!!I find a lot of peace when alone !!!

Saturday, June 04, 2005 7:54:00 AM  
Blogger compassioNAT said...

haha...i don't think i'll make a habit of staying late in the office.

i'm not talking about the noise in the city but the noise in general..in our lives.It can apply to anyone. This entry is also about how little attention we give to quietness in our daily routines. I think we all need it at some point.

BTW, sorry to hear about your exam blues. Hope that does not ruin your holidays!

Monday, June 06, 2005 3:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home