Monday, June 06, 2005

HK! Ready or not, here we come!

My feet is itching and I'm ready to go. The countdown has started. I'm talking about our company trip to Hong Kong next week. It's our company anniversary and the whole office will be mobilised. So I'm terribly excited and grateful, that my bosses have generously included, and therefore, sponsored me on this trip.

This will be our second trip since I joined the research company 3 months ago. Only this time, the trip is not work-related. I've put aside more than half of my pay for my expenses... you know my (ironic) money-saving tip, save and splurge big-time where clothes are cheaper. So that's what I've heard, HongKong is much more affordable when it comes to fashion.

More than anything, close friends know I've this thing for travelling. Think it's my travel feet. I've not been to many places but I constantly think about travelling to Europe, Japan, Nepal and other exotic locations. My biggest 'breakthrough' trip was to the US. Four years ago, I saved for over a year to make a trip to Indiana and California, against my parents' wishes. I don't think I knew then, what I was gettting myself into but all things considered, I was richer for the experience. I've more stories to tell (and blog) and I made friends I still keep in touch with till this day. It was not particularly eventful, although I did visit Disneyland, but that trip gave me alot of self-confidence and a great sense of independence.

I'm quite impatient actually. I want to see as many places as I possibly can, in my lifetime. I have this notion in my head that I can always earn back the money I spend on travelling..but not the time I could have spend, exploring this world.

19 Comments:

Blogger Enchanted Mind said...

Ah, join the gang......

I'm saving for a Europe back pack...dont know when I wld be able to do that....after all earning in INR and spending in EUROs is quite next to impossible *wink*...well, the must go place on my list includes greece too !!!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger Enchanted Mind said...

BTW, chikuado gave me this link
http://www.backpackit.com

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 12:09:00 AM  
Blogger Melissa Muldoon said...

I love to travel! I never think the money spent on traveling is ever wasted.

You will never remember all the hours spent sitting at a desk working, but the moments spent adventuring out and exploring a foreign country or city will be impressed upon you forever!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 12:33:00 AM  
Blogger compassioNAT said...

Phantom, thanks for the link..will check it out. I would love to backpack. But first, i need to beef up! BTW, Greece is a must-go!

Melissa, i think you made a great point there. Money spent on travel is never money wasted. I mean, how do you put a value to widening your horizons and gaining all the experience? there's no way we can measure these in dollars and cents. That would spoil the experience entirely.

Also, truely, no body remembers a day spend in the office...but travel..now, i still remember my travels as if it were yesterday.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wanna go to austrailia!!!!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 2:02:00 PM  
Blogger jadebangle said...

i want go! i want go!!!! hahaha. remember check out MONGKOK! youd go crazy! ballistic!!!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 5:57:00 PM  
Blogger Static Compost said...

I was in Hong Kong a month or so ago, I loved it! You'll have a great time! I liked Kowloon a lot, you might like it there. Have a great time.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 2:59:00 AM  
Blogger compassioNAT said...

Infact, SC, i'll be staying in hotel Kowloon- where the main action is, i suppose. Ok i've heard so much about the place...just dying to get out there! Now! haha...


Ok guys..thanks for the comments. know that you made my day!

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 9:25:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hmm.. hong kong is an awesome place, if u can get past 'shoppers mania' do click some good photographs!

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 4:13:00 PM  
Blogger compassioNAT said...

Hey guys..thanks for all your comments. I'll definitely get lots of shots to blog it!

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 12:09:00 PM  
Blogger bleuchiz said...

hhmm wanfen isnt it? was randomly blog 'shopping' and stumbled here. Damnit! u exposed the winner of Amazing Race. Its only the 5th or so episode here in Aussie..damnit!!
Oh its Rahman btw, ur tourism senior.

Thursday, June 16, 2005 3:02:00 AM  
Blogger compassioNAT said...

geez..i'm terribly sorry..the amazing race ended like a month ago here. Anyway, good to hear from you again.

Cheers!

Thursday, June 16, 2005 12:30:00 PM  
Blogger compassioNAT said...

Hey Jack!

I loved HK! What a great trip..We did so much in just four days. I can't wait to post some pictures and share with you and fellow bloggers.

Watch this space :)

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger vevck said...

Good to know that u are going places every now and then. Waiting to see the snaps from your HK trip.

Thursday, June 23, 2005 6:37:00 PM  
Blogger compassioNAT said...

Hey Chi..reading your comments again, i realise that Hongkongers really take their shopping very seriously! I didnt get past the shopping mania.i became a part of it!

Hope you're well.

Saturday, June 25, 2005 10:51:00 AM  
Blogger Enchanted Mind said...

AH !! Someone seems to be back. Welcome back.

Saturday, June 25, 2005 1:44:00 PM  
Blogger Douglas Evans said...

Welcome back. Glad that you had a good trip. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Sunday, June 26, 2005 10:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again! Re your comment : " I have this notion in my head that I can always earn back the money I spend on travelling..but not the time I could have spend, exploring this world" I see we share the same kindred emotions on travel!! :)

Sunday, June 26, 2005 10:22:00 PM  
Blogger compassioNAT said...

Hey Ravi, thanks for the note. I really enjoy travelling, it's such an indulgence for our senses. There are just so many places I want to see and explore. I'm acheing for my next trip again. Enjoy the photos!

Monday, June 27, 2005 7:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home