Sunday, May 28, 2006

Mobile Blogs

Dear bloggers,

Calling out to all bloggers and techno-geeks, I would like to hear your opinion on this.

Can I have a quick show of hands how many of you here have heard of mobile blogs- posting entries and pictures via handphones? During my research for blogging, i briefly came across this feature and would like to find out more. I believe mobile blogs are currently available in some countries i.e US but users are still a relatively niche group. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Has anyone ever tried using mobile blogs? What are the pros and cons of such a service? For those of you who have never heard of such a service, is it something you would like? Personally, I don't think I would take so well to the service since my entries are often too long to put thru a mobile phone. But that's just me. I'm still new to this whole concept and I would like to hear more takes on this. That's where YOU come in. Let me know!

Thanks guys!

5 Comments:

Blogger ELF said...

Moblogging is an eye for the blogger community next. Regular blogs tend to be more of a prose and thought-provoking write-up. Spontaneous blogging or sharing of pics the time you capture it : is the major drive for moblogging. I am not even a starter to it , but some of my friends are. They use the Nokia 7710 multimedia smartphone which has the preloaded MoBlog Client.

The blog site accepts the blog entry from either SMS , MMS , email , internet browser or the moblog clients they provide. So, its pretty overwhelming when you are actually sharing those captivating moments the instant you capture them on your phone. Moblogging is popular with PocketPC and Phone. The major hurdle i see is for texts on the blog entries , which would require to gain comfort on the keypads of the phone .. which certainly i dont feel like doing. I would rather ( if started moblogging :) ) update pics to the blog and add text later when i reach my PC.

Want to learn more feedbacks , NAT ! I m interested too :) !!!

Monday, May 29, 2006 10:56:00 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I don't think it would be something that I would do. I use the cell fairly often, but to sit there and type out a whole blog post on it is most likely not going to happen.

I can do a whole blog post on my computer in little to no time at all so I think I will stick with it.

Scott

Monday, May 29, 2006 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger vevck said...

I came across this term when blogger provided blogging support through mobile phones. When I tried subscribing to this service, it said it was limited only for US region. Moblog is an interesting concept, allows a blogger to post entries without a Desktop/Notebook around, all u need is just a mobile device with Internet connectivity. Would I use it? No, considering the fact that my posts r lengthy & it wld b a pain using the Mofone.

Since I love shooting photos, I wld probably consider blogging pictures during my travel. I feel this allows me to share pictures while I am on move.

Text America & BuzzNet are the current popular players in US who offer free Mobile blogging of Video & photos. In India, Nokia offers the same service called Nokia Mblog, but the catch is, the application is designed to work on Nokia N series Multimedia Devices.:(

Cheers!
Vivek

Monday, May 29, 2006 9:00:00 PM  
Blogger compassioNAT said...

Thanks guys, i've got some pretty good pointers here. Let me chew on this and update you guys again.

Viv, thanks again for those links!

Monday, May 29, 2006 10:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nat, I'm no expert at blogging. But you if you are planning to create your own mobile blog, you may want to check this website (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/articles/mobileblog.mspx). By the way, I enjoy reading your blog! Keep going, Nat!

Thursday, September 14, 2006 4:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home