Tuesday, November 07, 2006

fuzzy logic 5-excuse me, am i in the right place or is this an office?

Question:Why do girls have pink fluffy mirrors right next to their desktops?

Do they stop to check their reflection halfway through a report or do they stare at themselves while working? Whichever way, your reflection is unlikely to have changed from the time you left home and reached the office. This is a puzzling phenomenon. The thought of using a mirror as a spying tool however, is worth contending. Imagine you can use a mirror to check on the colleague on your left and on your right, or your boss when he's striding along the corridor- and if you are a guy, you can put it on the floor and wait for your hot boss in hot skirt to pass by, all without having even to turn your head.

Question: Why do people stuff their desks with soft toys, cushions, key chains and all things cuddly? A desk is a desk. It'll not turn into a bed no matter how stuffed it is. Unfortunately.

Question: Why do people stack piles and piles of documents and files on their desks? While I think it creates a false atmosphere of busyness and importance, it can be a great way to barricade yourself out of sight with the Great Wall of Files and Documents and maybe even from that sleazy spy with the pink fluffy mirror.

4 Comments:

Blogger Enchanted Mind said...

well, my desk is clean except for a book I read when bored, a coffee mug and moi fav green tea bags and finally a single frame of me and my friend (I love that snap).

But I do see overly stuffed desks all around me .....I wonder how they would carry it all off if they are ever sacked ;-) !!!

May be people need that personal touch ;-) or now that these days ppl spend more time at work than home, they are trying to turn their desk into home...well, finally they neither differentiate office nor home ;-) !

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 11:22:00 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Do I relate to this or what!?!

Thursday, November 09, 2006 6:54:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I share a desk, so my partner in crime, whom i never see, keeps it a wreck! But I only have a few personal items, a picture and a few things we did as team projects. But shes got all kinds of shit! Grr....

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 4:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About that mirror ... I remembered being part of 'a team' that tried to peek up my teacher's skirt using a mirror when I was in secondary school. Unfortunately I didn't get to see anything because I was short-sighted! Silly things teenagers do. Fortunately we didn't get caught or it would have warrant a public canning!

Thursday, November 16, 2006 8:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home